Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Social Media Policy
Before you engage with social media, make sure you have a clear social media policy that covers each account you create.
Things to consider:
- Why are you creating this account? What is your goal? How will you know if you are achieving it?
- Who will be allowed to log in to the library's account and on what devices?
- Will you allow student workers to post? What additional guidelines do you need to provide for them?
- Who will you follow?
- When will you unfollow them?
- What content will you like?
- Whose content will you repost/share?
- What happens if there is an issue with a post?
- What metrics will you keep?
Some example social media policies: