Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
On April 23rd, 2019, the Information Needs Assessment Project Team visited DePauw University and conducted two of the methods (interviews and photo collage) in our toolkit. A total of 19 students participated in the study. You can view the report from that visit here:
- DePauw students LOVE tables. They mentioned them 58 times!
- Students gravitated toward photos of nature and the outdoors when describing their ideal study spaces, but rarely described an actual spot in nature where they would study.
- Librarians were frequently mentioned as places to get research help.
- Students, on average, purchased or rented 50-75% of the required textbooks for their classes.
- Unique to DePauw, students noted that they sought out cubicles for a quiet study space.
- When asked to describe their ideal study space, students did not describe group study spaces.