Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Hello and a warm welcome to the Private Academic Library Network of Indiana or PALNI! The Private Academic Library Network of Indiana (PALNI) is a 501(c)(3) owned by the supported private academic institutions.
This Onboarding guide will orient you to the structure of the PALNI consortium, list resources available to you, and describe how you can connect with support and colleagues. To begin the onboarding process, review the checklist below and then explore the rest of the guide to complete the orientation tasks.
- Explore this manual using the green tabs above to access each topic
- Read Communication Manual
- Request access to the PALNI Google Team Drive by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore the PALNI website for further background information about PALNI and the supported institution
- Read the PALNI "Respect in the Workplace" policy for the shared community spaces and activities and PALNI staff
- Read through the list of services PALNI has to offer
- OCLC Support Portal - View support service requests, manage institution information/billing
- OCLC and WMS mailing lists - Sign up for lists of interest
- Explore OCLC Community Center - To connect with the larger OCLC community of users
- Sign up for the PALNI Community
- NOTE: The PALNI Community site uses Google Authentication. Please refer to Communication Manual for further details about creating an account using your campus email address for the PALNI Community
- Review information and descriptions of the PALNI groups and organization in this document: PALNI Group Description Document
- View the PALNI Organization Chart to understand the organization of PALNI and decide which groups align with your role in which you may want to participate (colleagues can help you with this as well)
- Examine the PALNI calendar for upcoming events
- Review the PALNI LibGuides
- Sign up for the Directors listserv and Team Drive by contacting Kirsten Leonard (email@example.com)