The funding provided by PALNI Library Innovation Grants aims to optimize library resources and services in ways
that significantly expand the ability of supported organizations to support teaching and learning at PALNI institutions. Funded
programs, projects, and initiatives must align with PALNI strategic priorities and support PALNI deep collaboration.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2022
Committee Decision: April 15, 2022
Funding Released: May 1, 2022
Report Due: July 15, 2023
|2021||Goshen College||Can Testing and Group Study Coexist? Flexspace with a Purpose|
|2020||Manchester University||Meeting Students Where They Are: Improving LibGuide Reach with the LibApps LTI Tool|
|2019||Butler University||Making Cultural Heritage Artifacts into 3D Digital Objects using Photogrammetry|
|2018||Franklin College||Wellness and the Library: The Lounge|
|2018||Butler University||Developing an Augmented Reality (AR) Experience.|
|2017||Marian University||Active Body, Active Mind|
|2016||Hanover College||Information Now! On-demand and Embedded Learning Modules for Information Literacy Instruction|
|2016||St. Joseph College||Re-Engineering an Academic Library for Student Success|
|2016||DePauw University||Learning Together: Continued Exploration of Arduino & Related Emerging Technologies|
The detailed description of an innovative program, project, or initiative that result in new or improved tools, products, services, or organizational practices will include:
1. Program/Project title and brief overview (300 words or less)
2. Institution name, complete mailing address, and background (no. of students, faculty, and related information)
3. Name and title of person submitting the application with contact details (email and phone)
4. A list of the key personnel who will direct the implementation of the program
5. Key program partners, if any, and their role in the program. Applicants should ensure that all project partners are aware of and
agree to their roles in the project and should supply a letter of support documenting this agreement
6. Measurable objectives and key activities and outcomes/impact of the program
7. Program goals and implementation plan, including timeframe
8. Evaluation and, if applicable, sustainability plan
9. Overall budget with breakdown of costs and, if any, other sources of funding and alternative funding possibilities should the grant
only supply partial funding.
10. Explanation of how other institutions can replicate the program or project
11. Explanation of how the proposed project aligns with PALNI strategic goals
12. Application materials should be no longer than 15 pages.
Grant Amount: Up to $20,000 will be awarded per year
Grant Period: Up to one year
Cost Share Requirement: No matching requirements.
Program Contact: Kirsten Leonard, Executive Director PALNI 317-752-6831 email@example.com
Please see Call for Applications: 2022 Library Innovation Grants for PALNI Supported Organizations for program requirements.
See page two of the 2020 Call for Applications for the rubric that will be used to evaluate applications.