ContentDM is configured with Google Analytics to track website traffic. To have access to the PALNI CONTENTdm collections Google Analytics site, please contact the PDAT team for view access. Dashboard data of the PALNI CONTENTdm collections Google Analytics data is included below.
How to track analytics by collection
- In the navigation bar on the left-hand side of the page, click Behavior.
- Under Behavior Flow, click Site Content, and then click All Pages.
- Once at Pages, above the table heading change Primary Dimension to Page Title.
- Above the table heading to the far right is a search box. Enter the name of one of your collections (i.e. Goshen College Record).
- Then click the magnifying-glass icon to see the Pageviews for that collection. The total is displayed at the top of the column.
How to setup custom reports by collection
- In the left-hand navigation, click Customization, and then click Custom Reports. Under the Custom Reports heading, click the + New Custom Report button. The Create Custom Report box opens.
- In the General Information section, change the Title to Users by filtered Page Title.
- In the Report Content section, accept the defaults for Name and Type. Under Metric Groups, click + add metric, then click Users, and then click Users again. Do not select "Users (Deprecated)." Under Dimension Drilldowns, click + add dimension, then click Behavior, and then click Page Title.
- In the Filters section, click + add filter, then click Behavior, and then click Page Title. In the drop-down that appears to the right, choose Regex (short for regular expression), and in the text box to the right of that, enter Collection Name. For example, if you want to see users for the "Account Books, Diaries and Journals" collection, enter "Account Books, Diaries and Journals" (without the quotation marks). Be sure not to enter any extra characters — including spaces — as these will cause the regular expression not to match.
- To avoid Google's autocomplete feature, type the regular expression you want, and then click outside the text box, without pressing the Enter key.
- At the bottom of the page click Save. The custom report will display. If you need to edit it, click the Edit button located below the Users by filtered Page Title heading.