IL Assessment Overview
- Oakleaf, Megan. (2009). The information literacy instruction assessment cycle: A guide for increasing student learning and improving librarian instruction skills. Journal of Documentation, 65(4), 539.560. Retrieved from http://meganoakleaf.info/iliac.pdf.
- Oakleaf, Megan. (2009). Writing information literacy assessment plans: A guide to best practice. Communications in Information Literacy, 3(2).
- Zald, Anne E. and Debra Gilchrist. (2008). Instruction and program design through assessment. In Christopher N. Cox & Blakesley Lindsay (Eds.), Information literacy instruction handbook (164-192). Chicago, IL: American Library Association. Retrieved from http://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1145&context=lib_articles
Assessment Best Practices
- Astin, A., Banta, T.W., Cross, K.P., El-Khawa, E., Ewell, P.T., Hutchings, P., . . . Wright, B.D. (1992). "Assessing student learning: Nine principles of good practice." Retrieved from Indiana State University, http://www2.indstate.edu/assessment/docs/ninePrinciples.pdf.
- Eberly Center. (2015). Why should assessments, learning objectives, and instructional strategies be aligned? Retrieved from Carnegie Mellon University https://www.cmu.edu/teaching/assessment/basics/alignment.html
- McTighe, J. & O'Connor, K. (2005). Seven practices for effective learning. Educational Leadership, 63(3), 10-17. Retrieved from http://www.ascd.org/publications/educational-leadership/nov05/vol63/num03/Seven-Practices-for-Effective-Learning.aspx
Considerations Prior to Assessing: Instructional Design
- Archambault, S.G., & Masunaga, J. (2015). Curriculum mapping as a strategic planning tool. Journal of Library Administration, 55(6), 503–519.
- Booth, C., Brecher, D., Lowe, M.S., Stone, S., & Tagge, N. (2014). Visual curriculum mapping template. Curriculum Maps, 52. Retrieved from http://scholarship.claremont.edu/52
- Buchanan, H., et al. (2015, January - April). Curriculum mapping in academic libraries. New Review of Academic Librarianship, 21(1), 94-111. Retrieved from http://researchguides.wcu.edu/curriculummaps
- Good Library. (n.d.). Proposal for library involvement in ICC/LC -- 2017-18. Goshen College. Retrieved from https://docs.google.com/document/d/10r6CvwUnb_UdePjAcf0Q14WHYyPKUY0s4i0GEuEn2DQ/
- Oakleaf, M. (2009). Writing information literacy assessment plans: A guide to best practice. Communications in Information Literacy, 3(2), 80-89. Retrieved from http://surface.syr.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1003&context=istpub
Considerations Prior to Assessing: Learning Outcomes
- Anderson, L.W., & Krathwohl, D.R. (2001). A taxonomy for learning, teaching, and assessing : A revision of Bloom's taxonomy of educational objectives. New York, NY: Longman.
- Nentl, N., & Zietlow, R. (2008). Using Bloom's taxonomy to teach critical thinking skills to business students. College & Undergraduate Libraries, 15(1/2), 159–172.