Got more great ideas like these? Please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org!
This quick idea gets students connected to your libguides. Have students bookmark your libguides homepage on their iphones or ipads before class begins. Once the bookmark is added to their homescreen, it works much like an app, added appeal.
Here are a few quick steps to make this happen:
1. Open Safari and load the site (libguides).
2. Click the share button at the bottom of the screen (arrow escaping a box).
3. Tap "Add to Home Screen".
4. Type in a name for the home screen, such as Marian University LibGuides.
5. Click "Done", and the bookmark (app-like) will appear on your home screen.